Re: [Gnumed-devel] Try using gnumed ?

From: Horst Herb
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Try using gnumed ?
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2003 20:24:00 +1000

On Sat, 5 Apr 2003 19:10, Dr Jean Philippe LIOT wrote:

> Just some few things i try with no result :
> 1. I am not able to add a patient.
> 2. I use the AU db with few patients like Hilbert Karsten.
>     I find it and select it but I can't edit the patient.
> 3. I can't find any consultation module.

Jean,

the work on gnumed currently focusses on two things:
1.) ergonomic user interface design
2.) the underlying health record database.
We haven't reached the state yet where the two parts are joined up yet, but we
are getting close. It is work in progress.

Thus, all you can do currently is get a look at and a feel for our idea of a
good user interface.
If you are not a programmer yourself, it will be of no use to you.

I myself am working on a database abstraction layer that will make it very
easy to join the user interface and the underlying database - but I have very
little time, being the principal of a very busy medical practice.

If you can program, you can help us to get there faster. If not, you can help
on documentation and translation.

Horst