[Gnumed-devel] Re: allergies table

From: Andreas Tille
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: allergies table
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 14:39:53 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 7 Apr 2003, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> a doctor on the German list raised the question whether it be
> beneficial to record ongoing or previous hyposensibilization
> treatment pertaining to a particular allergy. What's your
> thinking ? I'd say yes but am unsure as to how and where to
> put it in the table.
I guess in the same record as the allergy because I think that
a hyposensibilization will be done only to those allergies the
patient is suffering from - so this record has to exist.

> Is it necessary to show
> supposedly-inactive allergies (due to having been treated) or
> is it safe to just drop them from the table ? IMHO not.
IMHO also not.  My wife and me suffer from hay fever.  We have
got a hyposensibilization and it is now much better but we continue
to suffer from this allergy and I think a field hyposensibilization
should have some certain states which might be:
    completely successfull
    successful
    much better than before
    better than before
    unchanged
    worse (? if this might be possible)
or kind of this.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--
Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind.
John F. Kennedy