Re: [Gnumed-devel] Installing on Gentoo

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Installing on Gentoo
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 17:03:04 +0200

Hi Craig,

> 1) I want to evaluate/run gnumed on my laptop, it is running Gentoo. I
> have all the required packaged installed (well as far as I can tell).
> When trying to bootstrap I get the following error:
>
> laptop bootstrap # ./bootstrap-gm_db_system.py
> --conf-file=bootstrap-standard-AU.conf
> log file is [/var/log/bootstrap-gm_db_system.log]
> Segmentation fault

Haven't seen this for a long time. Can you mail me the log
file ? It's usually due to binary incompatibilites between the
installed wxGTK, wxPython etc libraries.

> 2) There is a lot of interest amoungst my clients in gnumed, and would
> like to help in getting gnumed ready for the South African medical
> market. What can I do to help?
Hm. There's still a LOT of work to be done for GnuMed to
actually be *useful* in medical practice. We need developers,
tanslators (for Afrikaans), testers and domain experts. So,
all of it :-)  For one thing it'd be helpful to find a few
South African doctors who are clueful about programming in
general and the Open Source style of development (do what you
need, do it when there's time) and can actually commit some time
to helping GnuMed getting ready for you country. Another thing
would be to map out what features are needed at the absolute
minimum for South Africa.

Karsten, MD

GnuMed Germany
i18n Coordinator