[Gnumed-devel] BMICalc Segmentation Fault/ Calc Works (Partially)/ Acce

From: Michael Bonert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] BMICalc Segmentation Fault/ Calc Works (Partially)/ Access to RPM
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 00:12:32 -0400 (EDT)

A gmBMICalc.py segmentation fault:

---
SNIP

if __name__ == '__main__':

        SNIP

        # this causes a segmentation fault on my machine (michaelb)
        icon.CopyFromBitmap(wxBitmapFromXPMData(icon_xpm_data))
---
I can't see an error in the code.  Do others have this problem?

NOTE:
To run the code stand alone I created three links in ../wxpython/patient
$ln -s /home/michael/gnumed/gnumed/client/python-common/gmCLI.py gmCLI.py
$ln -s /home/michael/gnumed/gnumed/client/python-common/gmI18N.py gmI18N.py
$ln -s /home/michael/gnumed/gnumed/client/python-common/gmLog.py gmLog.py

-------------------
BMI Calc Works (Partially):
The calculator is partly functional now.  If you enter a mass and
height it calculates the BMI.

NOTE -
I changed 'weight' to 'mass' in most places -- exceptions are 'overweight'
and 'underweight.'  The misuse of the word 'weight' was bothering me.

Access to RPM:
I built the final version of the Mandrake pyPgSQL RPM.  How do I go about
getting it on the gnumed website so it's available to all that want to
give it a try?

Michael