Re: [Gnumed-devel] Mandrake.html - Gerardo?

From: Gerardo Arnaez
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Mandrake.html - Gerardo?
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 09:33:46 -0700 (PDT)

--- Michael Bonert <address@hidden> wrote:

> It would be nice to have a bit about manual writing
> (read: sgml and
> sgml2html) in the manual.  Also, I short explanation
> about the rationale
> of using sgml might be nice (--has something to do
> with ease of
> reformating).

1.  I probably wont include how to write sgml stuff,
but probably should include links for people to be
able to learn about it.  The best place to go is the
the linux documentation project and look at the
author's section, I will include this for the future
edits. (right now, im in the process of moving so no
home internet access)

2. Sgml was chosen because it can be "translated" into
various formats like pdf, html, etc and so on. ie
write once, print to many different formats