[Gnumed-devel] Resizing the 'i18n_curr_lang' column in gmI18N.sql/Adven

From: Michael Bonert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Resizing the 'i18n_curr_lang' column in gmI18N.sql/Adventures of a non-AU non-DE gm-developer
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 04:08:50 -0400 (EDT)

The following message was starting to annoy me:
___
The currently selected database language ('None') does not
match the current system language ('en_CA.UTF-8').

Do you want to set the database language to 'en_CA.UTF-8'
___

The temporary fix I had is:
---
$ pgaccess
        A nice GUI appears. :)

        If 'gnumed' isn't open go to
        "Database" - "Open" -
                Enter
                stokes          for host
                gnumed          for database

                Note: "stokes" is my computer's hostname
                      (default is "localhost")

        Open up "gnumed" then "Tables" (on left)
                Click on "i18n_curr_lang"
                -->A window should appear

                id      user                    language
                100     michael                 en_CA
                101     _michael                en_CA

Re-start GnuMed and enjoy freedom from the message. :)
---

The problem with this fix was I re-installed my OS and asked it to
support multiple languages.  In doing so my language setting changed
from en_CA to en_CA.UTF-8  Now, the gnumed db didn't like my new 11
character language setting... so thus the change.

Michael