Re: [Gnumed-devel] Quirk in the "Clinical" Tab

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Quirk in the "Clinical" Tab
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2003 16:46:27 +0200

> The buttons in the top panel disappear permanently in 'Clinical' if I:
> 1. Goto the 'Python Shell' tab
> 2. Perform an operation in the python shell
>       e.g.
>               >>> 1+1
>               2
> 3. Switch back to 'Clinical'
>    -- Where are the buttons?
Ouch.

For some reason after doing something in the Python Shell
internally the interpreter apparently replaces the result of
<plugin>.name() with whatever was the last resulting object in
the Shell, be that an int, a string or something else. It does
call into the proper <plugin>.name() method but returns a wrong
value from the call stack frame. I have no idea how that value
gets there. It seems to get pushed there by the Python Shell
code. Subtle bug. Beyond my tracing. It's happening with all
tabs except "Contacts".

> Other people have this problem?
yes