Re: [Gnumed-devel] Drug Progress

From: Ian Haywood
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Drug Progress
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 22:36:18 +1000

On Tue, 29 Apr 2003 08:33:01 +1000
richard terry <address@hidden> wrote:

> BTW did you get the zantac mims annual stuff.
>
> How can we progress now to put this into gnuMed.

Two ways:

1/ Convert into a form that can be entered into the existing drug schema.
Probably hard due to the different approaches (proprietary/generic) of the two
databases.

2/ Keep the database in its original form, and write a Python module to
talk to it. Separate modules can be written for drugref.org and AMIS in the
fullness of time. The other advantage
is if MIMS switch to their XML database it should be fairly easy to write
a Python module for this too.

What we need is a common API, see attached an inital draft.

Ian