[Gnumed-devel] Re: OSCAR McMaster/Mandrake RPM did I miss something?

From: Horst Herb
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: OSCAR McMaster/Mandrake RPM did I miss something?
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 22:00:14 +1000

On Wed, 7 May 2003 21:31, you wrote:

> > Is there any sort of cooperation between us and OSCAR happening?

We intend to. Providing demographic information via (XML-RPC ?) "service" is
the first step.

> > - they don't seem interested in cooperation...

but they are. At least David Chan is, seriously. However, they have the same
time and ressource problems as we do, despite their funding, and so many
thing just don't get done in time or are not advertised.

Many issues you might perceive as lack of cooperation is also due to the fact
that most of their developers are rather naive (not meant derogative at all)
towards the open source scene. I am sure you just have to ask them in order
to get whatever you want.
> > Modifying the wxWindows code is almost a project in itself... but I want
> > to spend a few weeks trying.  I have the outline of a strategy about how
> > to add the desired features... a long fight with syntax (I'm reading a
> > C++ book) and their code structure however still lies ahead.

I am quite happy to help if you run into a dead end there. Have tweaked
wxWindows a number of times already in the past, and whenever I ran into
troble myself, Robin Dunn invariably helped out.

Horst