[Gnumed-devel] Problems installing gnumed

From: Roberto Mello
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Problems installing gnumed
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 13:51:21 -0600

Hello,

My name is Roberto Mello and I'm evaluating GNUmed for my mom's clinic.
It's been my dream to use a free (speech) medical system for my mom's
practice, and I think GNUmed is such system.

I'm from Brazil so I'd be translating the system to portuguese as well as
helping with development and bug fixing where necessary. I'm an
experienced developer, although not so much with wxPython yet.

I haven't been able to install GNUMed fully<F5>. I loaded the three sql
files described on the documents, but when I run it I get a PANIC after
logging in:

[PANIC]
(/home/rbm/documents/projects/gnumed/gnumed/client/python-common/gmPG.py::run_query:497):
query >>>SELECT description from v_i18n_enum_encounter_type;<<< failed

I've grep'ed around for that table and I found it, but I don't know how
it's supposed to be loaded (the sequence, that is).

I'm using GNUMed from CVS of a couple days ago.

Is there an update page somewhere where I cansee the state of the several
modules of gnumed? Right now I'm more interested in the patient tracking
capabilities of gnumed than in its decision-support features.

Any help and guidance would be appreciated. I'd really like to free
ourselves from the proprietary system we are forced to use at the moment.

-Roberto

--
+------------| Roberto Mello - http://www.brasileiro.net |------------+
Computer Science, Utah State University  -    http://www.usu.edu