Re: [Gnumed-devel] Problems installing gnumed

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Problems installing gnumed
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 02:37:55 +0200

> My name is Roberto Mello and I'm evaluating GNUmed for my mom's clinic.
Welcome Roberto.

> It's been my dream to use a free (speech) medical system for my mom's
> practice, and I think GNUmed is such system.
Not yet.

> I'm from Brazil so I'd be translating the system to portuguese as well as
> helping with development and bug fixing where necessary.
Excellent. Is your Mom's clinic in the US or in Brazil ? Just
wondering.

> I haven't been able to install GNUMed fully<F5>. I loaded the three sql
> files described on the documents, but when I run it I get a PANIC after
> logging in:
>
> [PANIC]
> (/home/rbm/documents/projects/gnumed/gnumed/client/python-common/gmPG.py::run_query:497):
> query >>>SELECT description from v_i18n_enum_encounter_type;<<< failed
You get this because the database doesn't have that view in
it. It does not have the view in it because you did not use
the bootstrapping script to generate the database. And you did
not use the bootstrapping script, because the docs are
outdated and in dire need of update. Please see
client/doc/TODO/user-manual.txt for Michael's notes on how to
install under Mandrake. This explains how to use the
bootstrapping script. Please do consider updating the SGML docs
from the TODO/* stuff. Ask for help here if you don't know how
to do that. Thanks.

> Is there an update page somewhere where I cansee the state of the several
> modules of gnumed? Right now I'm more interested in the patient tracking
> capabilities of gnumed than in its decision-support features.
client/doc/TODO/spec/*

Any help you give is appreciated.