Re: [Gnumed-devel] business

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] business
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 17:29:06 +0200

> The database connection is transactional. When a connection is persistent,
> you
> can add data at your leisure until you commit a transaction.
Sure, but that's syntactic statefulness, not semantic.

Let's put it another way: When I submit pieces of the allergy
record bit by bit is the bOb supposed to collect bits until it
gets a commit signal (or decides to commit by itself since it
knows what it's dealing with) ? This would be the statefulness
I am thinking about: XML-RPC cross-call memory (within one
logical connect between client and XML-RPC server, of course).
Or is the bOb to dump data to the backend as soon as it
receives it ? Which implies that it will have to know less
about the business at hand, remember less, trust the frontend
on logical data completeness and just handle backend errors
(which may stem from backend-implemented business constraints).