Re: [Gnumed-devel] Problems installing gnumed

From: Roberto Mello
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Problems installing gnumed
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 17:10:48 -0600

On Mon, May 26, 2003 at 02:37:55AM +0200, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> Excellent. Is your Mom's clinic in the US or in Brazil ? Just
> wondering.

In Brazil.  I'm currently a CS graduate student in the U.S.

> You get this because the database doesn't have that view in
> it. It does not have the view in it because you did not use
> the bootstrapping script to generate the database. And you did
> not use the bootstrapping script, because the docs are
> outdated and in dire need of update. Please see
> client/doc/TODO/user-manual.txt for Michael's notes on how to
> install under Mandrake. This explains how to use the
> bootstrapping script. Please do consider updating the SGML docs
> from the TODO/* stuff. Ask for help here if you don't know how
> to do that. Thanks.

Ahh, ok. Makes sense now. I'll look into updating the docs. I've worked
with SGML in the OpenACS project, where I managed the documentation for a
good while.

> > Is there an update page somewhere where I cansee the state of the several
> > modules of gnumed? Right now I'm more interested in the patient tracking
> > capabilities of gnumed than in its decision-support features.
> client/doc/TODO/spec/*

Thank you.

How many people we have working actively on the project? Do we know how
many doctors we have giving input?

>From an outsider's perspective, the project seems to have a lot of
potential, and could do lots of good worldwide. Here in Brazil, for
example, you can only purchase proprietary systems for windows. EVery
developer I've contacted about having a solution for a free OS says the
same thing: "there's no demand. everybody uses windows."

Having been down that path of proprietary windows systems, I don't want to
go down there anymore.

> Any help you give is appreciated.

You can be certain of it.

-Roberto

--
+----|        Roberto Mello   -    http://www.brasileiro.net/  |------+
+       Computer Science Graduate Student, Utah State University      +