Re: [Gnumed-devel] backend notification

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] backend notification
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 22:28:34 +0200

Ian,

I have checked in some new NOTIFY triggers that use your
suggestion. They seem to work. No frontend code uses the
patient ID part of the trigger name yet, though. The public DB
isn't updated either, yet. The business objects gmTmpPatient
and gmClinicalRecord transparently handle the patient ID
extension. Unless I am mistaken, no changes to the frontend
code are necessary as the business objects will only emit
frontend signals when they got a backend signal, which in turn
means that their relevant patient was changed (because they
listen on that patient only).