Re: [Gnumed-devel] XML forms

From: Richard Terry
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] XML forms
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 18:46:31 +1000

Forms, one of my pet subjects.

There is NO NEED        for anything other than a common form with the
exception of a
prescription . I've proved that myself. In my program there is only one style
of output. Doesn't matter whether you are ordering pathology, cardiology,
sleep study, xray, physio etc. All you need on each of these is the
same:company/address/patient details/space to request/space for clinical
information/some check boxes if desired (change for each form), space for
paitent instructions, box at bottom for multiple addresses (intelligent -
lists those in area), spot to sign. I did alot of work determining the
optimal space allocation on an A4 Page. Pity I don't have a scanner I could
scan one in and post the png.

Despite hospitals/radiologists/physios/ etc etc etc sending their own forms I
have refused to, and have never used them since I implemented this form
generation back in 1998. Never had one refused ever ever ever.

Don't get led down the road of the concept that everyone needs their different
form.

What you do need is a good contacts database in the background and some
intelligent coding. I can show all this stuff at the conference if desired
and time available.

Referral letters are not a form, they are a referral letter and are treated
differently.

Regards

Richard