Re: [Gnumed-devel] Webpage & GUI

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Webpage & GUI
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 22:03:09 +0200

> My $0.02 worth on the current (wxPython) GUI:
> I think GUI has some problems, as I've written before.  In a number of
> ways I think OSCAR's GUI is better thought-out, especially when you
> consider that most physicians aren't techno-wizards.
Until proven wrong I do believe that Richard's GUI *is* well
thought-out. It is battle-tested. But it may be too
person-specific (ie only Richard can be efficient in it) - but
it does not appear so since Richard addresses a number of generic
good-design issues (phrase wheel, non-clutter, etc).

> but I think the wxPython stuff we have should have a run at the task.
Yes !  :-)

> I know that wxPython is frustrating at times because one doesn't always
> have a good control of the finer details.  The questions in my mind are
> (1) does that matter for now, and
IMO no

> (2) will the problems go away if
> wxPython and GTK mature some more?