Re: [Gnumed-devel] [Fwd: project considerations]

From: ju0815nk
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] [Fwd: project considerations]
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 10:01:31 +0200 (MEST)

> ----- Forwarded message from Sebastian Hilbert <address@hidden>
> > Is there anyone who does not code but could maintain gnumed.org (verry
> > time-consuming I suppose. Ideally this person should monitor the
> mailing-list
> > and add information to gnumed.org whenever applicable.

As far as I remember, Tony Lembke maintained gnumed.org. I guess he wont
have much spare time left to transfer information from the mailing list to the
web site. The best solution would probably be some kind of Wiki.

> > I have the feeling that many , many ideas are discussed on the list but
> are
> > lost a few days after discussion has stopped. This especially affects
> people
> > who join the list after the discussion is over.

One problem is that often their is no final conclusion on how to solve a
particular problem. And it is difficult to document all possible solutions.

> > www.gnumed.org/gnumed.net should be identical. gnumed.org does have a
Well, sounds reasonable.

> > 2.) update the documentation , I would like everyone who has not done so
> yet
> > to document the code he/she has written. Imagine that someone looks at
Absolutely agreed. I must confess that coding is usually more fun than
documenting it - but documentation is a must if any new developer should be
attracted.

> > We need to start writing the user manual now. IMHO this includes simple
Well, IMHO it would make more sense to write the developer manual first - we
probably want more developers first.
> > actions like : How do I search for a patient in GNUmed ?
User manual should be updated, too - will try to force myself to do it :).

Hilmar