Re: [Gnumed-devel] Vaccination Functionality Document

From: Hilmar Berger
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Vaccination Functionality Document
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 09:44:40 +0200 (MEST)

> > Anything is possible Liz, and we can do this. Can you please also put
> this in
> > your 'to remind us' task should we forget. There is a field in my
> vaccine
> > table which marks vaccines as 'live', so gnuMed should have it as well.
> Yep, it does :-)   Also plan on enabling patients to be marked
> "closed due to live vaccination" - we just need a view over
                                                                      ^^^^^^
Do we really want to store every rule-dependend bit of information on the
backend ?
I always thought that there will some sort of module that checks the data on
the fly and creates warnings, hints etc. This would allow for more
flexibility - you don't have to change the backend every time some rule
changes. And
changing backend tables in a stable version should be a rare event if data
integrity should be maintained. IMHO the backend tables should hold clinical
data but not the way we want to handle them. That might go in
functions/triggers/whatsoever but should not actually be stored.

Hilmar