[Gnumed-devel] drug interactions xml-rpc server

From: Horst Herb
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] drug interactions xml-rpc server
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2003 22:49:57 +1000

I have implemented a XML-RPC service for drug interactions.

It allows anybody to connect to a public server, submit a list of drugs, and
receive a list of possible interactions between those drugs via XML-RPC
protocol.

It is up and running - use at your own risk. The quality of the software is
just at the level of a quick hack :-( but works in many if not most cases.

For a sample database, I have written a script that imports all our current
interaction information from the file "interactions.txt" from our drugref CVS
system into a PostgreSQL based mini-database containing nothing but ATC
codes, drug names, and interaction information - the content of this database
is likely to change daily, and no information has been double checked yet, so
DO NOT RELY ON THIS INFORMATION! It is for testing purposes only.

Where to find the source code files, where to find the public server, how to
run a remote client querying the database and how to contribute to get the
interaction list up to a usable state can be read at
http://drugref.org/xmlrpc-interactions.html

Cheers,
Horst