Re: [Gnumed-devel] re: commit

From: Horst Herb
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] re: commit
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 18:05:34 +1000

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 03:36, syan tan wrote:
> The connection  pooling reason  seems to be a valid reason for
> indirecting the dbapi calls if the intention is to have
> multiple threads,  but for a single thread I can't see the necessity;

We have already multiple threads dealing with the database, gmBackendListener
for example. There will be many more once the gui objects get more complex.
It is *very* difficult to maintain responsiveness of a single-threaded complex
gui, I prefer it simple. In our case, multiple threads can make life actually
simpler.

Horst