Re: [Gnumed-devel] keep testing, or add to main source?

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] keep testing, or add to main source?
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 15:25:19 +0200

> >4- As far as I understood the consensus for backend interaction was that the
> >GUI should interact only through business-objects with the backend, not by
> >way of direct sql-queries. Maybe we should separate out  the part that deals
> >with the backend to a business-object.
> This is the biggie. Unfortunately Syan has ploughed ahead with out using the
> considerable body of database infrastructure already developed, without giving
> a  clear reason.
He did, and a quite good one, but in a private mail to me:
Syan noticed that gmPhraseWheel might be of interest to apps
other than GnuMed. Thusly he wanted to remove the dependancy
on gmPG. Good reason but that doesn't make me like the way it
was solved :-)   For one I think that we can happily rely on
gmPG for now and not worry about greater applicability. OTOH
IF someone wants to free the phrase wheel (actually the SQL
match provider) of the gmPG dependancy it should be done in a
cleaner way.