[Gnumed-devel] update mechanism for gmGP_ use cases.

From: syan tan
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] update mechanism for gmGP_ use cases.
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 18:37:54 +1000

when the gmPatientSelector creates a new current patient object, the ui's need to know the model has changed. I used gmDispatcher to send a patient_object_changed() signal , and got the gmGP_ widgets to inherit from a patient holder class that listens for that signal; the signal is parameterized with the new current patient object, so each gmGP_ object can know when the model has changed, and can save unsaved data in the old patient model, and with the new patient model, update lists displays, and clear edit areas as needed. I thought that was a pretty direct way of using the current framework, and isn't clever or fancy or stepping on anyone's shoes.

see test-area/test-client-c for changes to wxpython/patient/gmGP_* .