Re: [Gnumed-devel] installing and using gnumed

From: Roberto Mello
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] installing and using gnumed
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 17:03:37 -0700

On Thu, Oct 30, 2003 at 10:36:55AM +0100, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> For Debian users there's basically two ways to take a look at
> GnuMed:
>
> use CVS to copy the development tree to your machine, run
> gnumed/client/wxpython/gnumed.py (if you encounter errors
> rerun with --debug and send us the log file)

I'm on Debian too and I had to redo my laptop install when I had to send
the laptop in for service. I am a little embarassed to say this but I
forgot how to bootstrap the SQL stuff so I can run the gnumed server and
client on the same machine. Can anyone point me into the light? I searched
the docs (again) without much success (again).

Also, I notice the fonts are still looking crappy. I remember a while back
there was discussion here on the list of running wxPython 2.4 (IIRC?) that
uses GTK2 and all its niceties.

I have the following packages installed:

address@hidden:/usr/local/src/gnumed/gnumed$ dpkg -l | grep wx
ii  libwxgtk2.4    2.4.2.4        wxWindows Cross-platform C++ GUI toolkit
ii  libwxgtk2.4-py 2.4.2.4        wxWindows Cross-platform C++ GUI toolkit
ii  wxwin2.4-examp 2.4.2.4        wxWindows Cross-platform C++ GUI toolkit

What else do I need to do?

Thanks,

-Roberto

--
+----|        Roberto Mello   -    http://www.brasileiro.net/  |------+
+       Computer Science Graduate Student, Utah State University      +
From: Ean Schuessler <address@hidden>
The unrecognized minister of propaganda,
        -- Debian, joking