Re: [Gnumed-devel] installing and using gnumed

From: David Grant
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] installing and using gnumed
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 13:10:28 -0500

Horst Herb wrote:
On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 13:14, Roberto Mello wrote:

apt-get install postgresql
and then run any of the bootstrap scripts from CVS

This is an oversimplification no? It's second nature for you since you've
been doing it for so long, but not for everyone else. I did some guessing

Sorry, Roberto.

Last time I did it it *was* that simple.
I just checked in my lunch time on  freshly installed Debian system, and I
must admit that I could not get the server installed either, and the error
messages made no sense, nor was the logging helpful to me.

Since I am swamped with patients the rest of the day, I trust that the authors
of the bootstrap scripts will look into this a.s.a.p. in the meantime.

And yes, you are right, our documentation still sucks, but we are working on
it.

One more suggestion, if there were just one website, it would help to make new developers' life easier.  Google returns 3 websites when I search for "gnumed".  I'm used to it now, I know which website has what, but new users don't, so it takes some getting used to.  Thanks for trying the install on a new system Horst!
--
David J. Grant
Masters Candidate