Re: [Gnumed-devel] installing and using gnumed

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] installing and using gnumed
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 23:07:00 +0100

> I looked through the stderr output and found a few errors in dropping
> rules is *-GIS-Views.sql, but those seem to be intentionally there (no
> comment as tho why they are there though).
Yes, there's no "create or replace" for views, that's why.

> I had played around with the public database, but had never been able to
> add or change anything. I seem to recall it being set as read-only, which
> is understandable.
Actually, one should have change rights, too. But we are
missing quite a few GRANTs on various tables, views and
sequences. I am slowly adding them.

> Is there some document explaining the use cases for the different types of
> intended gnumed users (doctors, secretaries, nurse, etc.)? I ask this
Not really. It isn't thought through very well, either, yet.

> because I can't seem to be able to add or change any information on my
> local system. Is it just that it hasn't been implemented yet
Not being able in terms of not having a widget for doing so ?
That'd be due to the widget not having been implemented. Or
not being able because of missing permissions ? That's
fixable.

> Also, it seems that there are no patient scheduling interface. Is that
> accurate?
Yes and no. There's preliminary code by Horst somewhere.

> And where is the doctor supposed to enter a new consultation information
> for a certain patient?
Not much implemented yet. If one is *really* desperate one
could use the "David's simple SOAP" widget. But I DO NOT
RECOMMEND USING GNUMED FOR ANYTHING REAL yet.