[Gnumed-devel] Re: installing and using gnumed

From: Andreas Tille
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: installing and using gnumed
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2003 23:14:25 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003, Roberto Mello wrote:

> Cannot bootstrap services.
> Please check the log at /foo/bar/foo.log
I have some nearly working server packages on my local disk but I'm
currently preparing a talk for LinuxDays Luxembourg next weekend. If
I can sparse some time tomorrow I'll try again and perhaps be able to
upload to my experimental staging area.

> I'd be happy to provide a patch for this if the project managers feel this
> is a useful addition.
Any hints to the Debian packages are more than welcome.

> Hopefully this will be better with PG 7.4 and its numerically-coded error
> messages.
Well, I thing GnuMed does a pretty good job in logging problems.

> The database name will be "gnumed-test" which is expected to not exist prior
> to running this script.
Obvousely you did not not tried the Debian packages at

     http://people.debian.org/~tille/packages/gnumed/

because they handle existing or not existing databases right.
(Please wait for a new upload.  They are out of date, but as I said handling
of existing or not existing databases is done in this packages.)

Kind regards

             Andreas.