Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: installing and using gnumed

From: Ian Haywood
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: installing and using gnumed
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 14:18:27 +1100

On Mon, 3 Nov 2003 10:40:34 +1100
Horst Herb <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Mon, 03 Nov 2003 09:19, Andreas Tille wrote:
> An off-the-shelf sarge installation is fit for gnumed as it is now. I would
> move that we do not rely on any further features of components not available
> in sarge, other than components from our own source tree.

I agree, however it would be nice to provide some extra packages in the gnumed
apt-get repository
when it exists, in particular, wxWindows compiled against GTK 2.0.
Looks pretty, but gnumed itself is oblivious to this (so the same package will
work with the wx-GTK1.2 currently in sarge.)

Also, just thinking aloud, should we consider making gmLog a separate package,
as it is a shared
dependency between client and server. It's a shame Python has a logging module
already, as this
would be highly suitable as an across-the-board solution.

Ian

PGP public key E750652E at wwwkeys.pgp.net
9BF0 67B7 F84F F7EE 0C42  C063 28FC BC52 E750 652E