Re: [Gnumed-devel] install instructions

From: Hilmar Berger
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] install instructions
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 08:54:35 +0100 (MET)

> > > Absolutely, it is excellent. I for one just haven't gotten
> > > around to doing so.
> > Will  add this to the User-Manual as soon as I can.
> There will probably be some changes in the next few days.
Sure, I'm not so fast anyway :)

BTW I noted that Yudhvir sets GNUMED_DIR and PYTHONPATH. While I believe
that setting PYTHONPATH should be usually set correctly after installation and
there should be no need to set it explicitely, the case is different for
GNUMED_DIR.
GNUMed will find all modules without problems even without setting this
variable. I remember that Karsten therefore suggested to not set this variable
in
order to not confuse the logic that tries to find modules automatically.
However, if you are running GNUMed from CVS-tree and want to use datafiles
stored in client/etc/ you should set this variable so that it points to the
client/ dir (as recommended by Yudhvir). That way GNUMED_DIR/etc/ is a standard
path in which these datafiles will be searched.
The Setup-Plugin and the DrugBrowser make use of this mechanism to find
various config files. So if these two plugins don't do what want, check the
log-file if they find the config files.

Hilmar