[Gnumed-devel] multiple episodes within an encounter, each regarding one

From: syan tan
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] multiple episodes within an encounter, each regarding one health issue
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2003 21:25:13 +1100

I saw a GEHR based app today, and the way it worked was quite interesting.
It had a flat text style input; the document would start of with a title, which would be initial just a numbered "Problem" label. There was a nearby active problem list, and if an item in it was activated, it would relabel the problem heading as the active problem selected. If a further active problem item was activated, then the document would display another paragraph with the heading of the newly selected problem. I think one can backtrack by deleting any paragraph individually. Any actions elsewhere in the gui , was assumed to be relevant to the current paragraph under the cursor, so entries were made under the paragraph recording the action. Each entry happened to be a kind of hypertext, that would bring up the item for re-editing in the relevant gui component. In this way, you could build an encounter relating to multiple problems , i.e. multiple new episodes , each addressing one problem.

How about some other metaphors for the health-issue --(1)--episode ---(many) ---- clinical_encounter(session) ?