[Gnumed-devel] Clinitek 50 device driver

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Clinitek 50 device driver
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 03:00:50 +0100

I have checked in the first (non-functional) version of a
driver for the Clinitek 50 Urinalysis device. I am
reimplementing my older Pascal driver in Python on behalf of my
current employer and a few other users. Naturally, the driver
will have a standalone frontend as well as a GnuMed plugin one.

Anyone else using this device ? Care to explain how you'd like
to have it integrated into GnuMed workflow-wise ?

I'd imagine shortcut access to a "request lab" functionality
somewhere within "Richard space" adding the current patient to
a (LAN-wide) list of outstanding requests. A "Clinitek 50"
notebook plugin displays that list of outstanding (filtered for
urinalysis) requests and controls for handling the device. The
latter plugin would only be displayed on workstations that
actually have the device attached (this is where the plugin
loader configuration starts to come in handy).