Re: [Gnumed-devel] updating and debugging.

From: Ian Haywood
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] updating and debugging.
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 18:05:07 +1100

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 10:16:55 +1100
syan tan <address@hidden> wrote:

> Very sorry about the slack commit of debugging stuff which should have
> been removed.
> In the gmDemographics tab, changing an address is broken , because of
> removed getPostcodeForUrbId() function
> in business/gmDemographicRecord. What's the preferred method to update
> the postcode field, when the suburb
> name is selected? Through linked phrasewheels / (? matchers) ?

Problem is, in some countries there are multiple postcodes for an urb
(DE, US, UK) and in others there are multiple urbs for a postcode (AU)
This is reflected in the schema by the fact that both 'street" and "urb" tables
have postcode
fields.

My intention was when the urb phrasewheel matches, it would called
PostcodePhraseWheel.SetContext ("urb", urb_id)
[which is in turn a convience function to call SetContext on the underlying
match provider.] In Australia, obviously, only one match can occur, so this
populates the phrasewheel, in others several matches may be returned.

Ianl

PGP public key E750652E at wwwkeys.pgp.net
9BF0 67B7 F84F F7EE 0C42  C063 28FC BC52 E750 652E