Re: [Gnumed-devel] gmEditArea broken

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] gmEditArea broken
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 22:53:13 +0100

> looks to me like self.patient has not been correctly initialized.
> I have seen this behaviour before, but right now I can exit GnuMed without
> problems. There are so many inconsistencies in the clinical gui that it is
> not really a surprise. There is a lot to do...
I always hesitate to pick this up because I can do little to make these
problems go away. Let us just assume that new developers don't know more
about GNUmed than I do. How can they find out ?

Do we have concepts ?
Can someone please describe the concepts. I mean actually write a document !?

Who cares if these concepts might change a hundred times. IMHO it is more
important to have bad documentation than to have none.

Weak developers like myself need examples. Let us at least implement one GUI
plugin the way it should be done. I volunteer do adapt all other plugins to
the concepts once I know them.

I will write a document 'How to code a plugin for GNUmed'. It will be very
poor from an experienced programmer's perspective but maybe you get the drift
and it can show you just what the problems for new developers are.

Sebastian