Re: [Gnumed-devel] immunisations panel

From: richard terry
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] immunisations panel
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 22:14:47 +1100

On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 04:00 am, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> Richard,
>
> I am working on the vaccinations panel again, currently on the
> middle part displaying disease/schedule and vaccines lists. I
> understand that this is to display those schedules/regimes for
> which the patient has received vaccinations ?

The left hand list displays the schedule/vaccine name, when such a
schedule/disease is highlighted the right hand pane changes to show all
instances of vaccination against this disease, and the edit area is filled
with corresponding details for this occurrence in case the user has selected
it to actually change it. If the ok button is clicked again the details are
re-saved and the record modified.

> Now, the right-hand list shows vaccines. If I read the specs
> correctly those are the vaccines administered with the
> respective date of administration ?

Yes as above

> If this holds true, isn't the whole thing actually one list
> with two columns, namely "schedule/regime" and "vaccine given" ?

Yes, screen real-estate dictated this method of showing. It is the same by the
way in the family history section, measurement section etc.

> I think I missed a subtle point somewhere or else there
> wouldn't be such a prominent distinction visually.

Don't think you missed a subtle point. I designed it this way so long lists of
target disease/schedules could be listed on the left and still seen by the
operator, complete with long lists of vaccines in each schedule, plus instant
editing, ie as mentioned above.

Hope this is a clarification and not a confusion.

Richard