Re: [Gnumed-devel] Introducing myself

From: Ian Haywood
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Introducing myself
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 07:20:58 +1100

On 07 Dec 2003 13:19:09 -0600
Salvatore Enrico Indiogine <address@hidden> wrote:

> Greetings!
>
> My name is Enrico and I am a Linux enthusiast.  I am married to a FP/OB
> and would like to convert her office to Linux.
Welcome aboard!

FP/OB = GP-obstetrician??

For my own part, I am an intern, currently in geriatrics, in Melbourne,
Australia.

> At this moment the functions she needs most are scheduling and billing.
There's already a medical billing project (http://www.freeb.org/) which we would
like to integrate.

Work on scheduling is started but incomplete,  please look at
gnumed/gnumed/server/sql/gmappoint.sql
gnumed/drafts/gmScheduleAllDoctorsPnl.py
.gnumed/drafts/gmScheduleGrid.py

as a starting point.

> I am hoping to be able to contribute to gnumed.  I have some knowledge
> of Python and wxPython.  I am fairly knowledgeable of Linux and
> PostgreSQL.
>
> I am looking forward to installing the application and collaborating
> with the gnumed community.
Installation is currently very complex. Please read the docs. Please
ask us early and often when you get stuck. This is something we hope to fix
soon.

Ian Haywood

PGP public key E750652E at wwwkeys.pgp.net
9BF0 67B7 F84F F7EE 0C42  C063 28FC BC52 E750 652E