[Gnumed-devel] Immunisation edit area question

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Immunisation edit area question
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 00:30:51 +0100

Richard,

in the backend we have defined "vaccination events" for given
schedules such that we can say "vacc N is due at that time".
Now, your edit area does not contain a field to allow
selection of the vaccination event a particular vaccination is
meant to represent (say, the 2nd of the 3 basic
immunisation shots for tetanus).

How are we to handle this ? Do we just assume that whenever we
enter a new vaccination we mean the one that comes next
considering the ones already in the database ?  Makes sense,
medically, most of the time, except when we need to restart
basic immunisation due to the interval since the previous
aborted course being too long, say, the patient had one Td
shot but didn't show up again until 8 years later which means
we need to redo the basic immunisation (unless she had them
elsewhere, of course).