Re: [Gnumed-devel] vaccinations

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] vaccinations
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 02:30:25 +0100

> This is the serial number of the vaccine eg A109-cA4.
Well, sure, I knew that :-))   I was rather pondering a
linguistic difference. So, I assume you use "serial #" and not
"batch #" ?  If I recall correctly our vaccines are labelled
by batch, not by individual ampule/pre-filled syringe. Usually
all the units in a box have the same "serial #" - which makes
it a "batch #", at least when looking at the level of
individual shots given. And of course is it needed. Will check
our vaccines again, however, when I get back to work. I do
recall that in some cases (say, MMR, where we have to mix some
components) we actually have 2 or more batch numbers, namely
one for each of the components to be mixed ...   However, that
can be dealt with by putting in more than one ID. The field
doesn't limit that (although auto-incrementing will get more
difficult).

Got inputting new vaccinations nearly working now. The edit
area also already fills from clicking on a previously given
shot. Working on testing actual saving of *new* entries,
currently. Had to add staff member tables for that :-))

Once this works reliably it'd be immediately useful at my
current pediatric post ... :-)

Thanks,