Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed website

From: Ian Haywood
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed website
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 15:01:18 +1100

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 21:01:41 +0100
Sebastian Hilbert <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi !
>
> gnumed.conf.de is over and it has been a fun time.
> One attendee said he had trouble getting to know GNUmed. He explained that
> there are too many websites for GNUmed and almost no documents for people who
> have never heard of GNUmed, open source , CVS and the like before.

I agree we should have one website, IMHO it should be a
Wiki (there are numerous implementations), to allow easy maintance.

It should also mirror the user and developer guides currently in CVS (which
have a lot
of your requests already, although they need some maintainance)

While we're there, we should run a public gnumed database and subversion to
replace savannah CVS
(particularly if it stays offline for much longer)

Currently both gnumed.org and gnumed.net are BSD boxes, a system with which I
have little experience,
were one Debian I would be happy to look after this stuff (since everything
above is apt-get'able)
[I think gnumed.net was moving to Debian at some stage: is this still true?]

Ian
PGP public key E750652E at wwwkeys.pgp.net
9BF0 67B7 F84F F7EE 0C42  C063 28FC BC52 E750 652E