[Gnumed-devel] Savannah compromise

From: Hilmar Berger
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Savannah compromise
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 12:03:00 +0100

Hi all,

now that Savannah has been coming back to live again IMHO we should make sure
that the files do not contain malicious code. Although it is not very probable
that gnumed code has been the target of a attack, given it's early status, I
believe that we should at least screen the code for suspicious code (writing to
files, sockets, executing other files etc.).
Once gnumed is reaching a usable state we will have to check for security
issues, anyway. Nevertheless I really don't want to have my /etc/passwd mailed
to someone if this is avoidable.
I for my part will check the code I have contributed after Xmas. Maybe we will
have to distribute this work because some developers distributed so much code
it will take a week for them to screen all of it.

Regards, Hilmar