Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: schema choice - patient names, aliases, duplicate

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: schema choice - patient names, aliases, duplicates and merging
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2003 12:28:57 +0100 (MET)

> > Why of course. What else use would it be to stick to an RDBMS?
> Just making sure... Syan Tan's proposed support of traits seemed to
> include in the same table both fixed and dynamic (sometimes multiple)
> properties of individuals.
Those would be ancillary if at all. We already have "fairly comprehensive"
support for the "basic traits". No need to dump them in a generic table.

> > We already have sort of a white paper for assigning a PUPIC. No one's
> > got around to putting forward a real proposal or even code on how to
> > actually do  it. Please feel free to share your ideas on the list.
> Can I be pointed to this white paper... didn't recognize it on the
> white papers list at gnumed.net.
Unfortunately, only Horst knows where this "whitepaper" is. I recall
discussion on how to generate the PUPIC 2-3 years back and Horst mentioned a
writeup
several times so I assume one exists somewhere. If not would you like to
search the archives (google and gnu.org/sourceforge lists) and post a short
piece for disucssion ? I would certainly comment on that. It would then be
included with the Dev Guide.

I'm still a bit handicapped CVS-wise but that should change within the next
2 days.