[Gnumed-devel] Introduction

From: Robert Ludvik
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Introduction
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 22:39:30 +0100

Hi all
My name is Robert Ludvik and I'm an IT manager in Community Health
Centre (CHC) in Ljubljana (Laibach), capital of Slovenia. We have app 1.300 employees on 50 locations (30 single machines and 20 LANs from 10 to 100 users) We're going to change our Health IS in the folowing 2 years (we hope so) and we're looking for OS solution. I think I don't have to explain to you why ;-) DOS application on Novell is (was) cheap solution and when we (IT stuff) were introducing new windows based solutions to our management, they were amazed (shocked would be better word). We have proposed an OS solution and we are going to try to do this step for as many as posible CHCs in the country.

I was reading some docs (user and admin guide) quickly and downloaded gnumed from CVS (have problems with bootstrap but it was in a hurry before holidays so I'll try again). For now I have just this to ask:
- is gnumed used somewhere already? Is some CHC already using it?
- can it be run from web browser? AFAIK it's a client-server (needs a client installation?). In our first talkings (with other CHCs) web application was mentioned as a nice feature
- how about billing? how is this solved?
- I think there's more but it's too late

We'll have to try a few solutions and if one will feet our needs we will contribute our work of course.

Happy new year to all of you.

--
Robert Ludvik
Community health centre