Re: [Gnumed-devel] Introduction

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Introduction
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 15:24:28 +0100

Hello Robert,

> My name is Robert Ludvik and I'm an IT manager in Community Health
> Centre (CHC) in Ljubljana (Laibach), capital of Slovenia. We have app
> 1.300 employees on 50 locations (30 single machines and 20 LANs from
> 10 to 100 users)
Take a look at Vista. It may be complex to set up but likely
fits your needs.

> gnumed from CVS (have problems with bootstrap but it was in a hurry
Please do ask for help with your specific problems. And please
do checkout the current source since due to the
savannah.gnu.org downtime I just 2 days ago checked in a lot
of things.

> before holidays so I'll try again). For now I have just this to ask:
> - is gnumed used somewhere already?
No. Not *really*, anyways.

> Is some CHC already using it?
No.

> - can it be run from web browser?
No. We don't have an HTML client at the moment.

> AFAIK it's a client-server (needs a
> client installation?).
Yes.

> In our first talkings (with other CHCs) web
> application was mentioned as a nice feature
Did you ask your _users_ whether a web application would
be suitable for their work ?

> - how about billing? how is this solved?
Not (yet). To be linked with FreeB.

> We'll have to try a few solutions and if one will feet our needs we
> will contribute our work of course.
I suggest you also take a look at TORCH, FreeMED, OIO,
Sql-Clinic, Care2x.

Happy New Year !