Re: [Gnumed-devel] questions for developers

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] questions for developers
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 13:54:57 +0100

> I just got on to gnumed cvs today for the first time.  Made my first
> commit and it worked fine.  Rather than do a pointless "test" commit, I
> found a small useful change.  I added the "-d" option to cvs in the
> update_tree.sh script.
Excellent !  :-)   Never thought of that since my .cvsrc is
set up to do just that ...

> -Can the audit, doc, and gmIdentidy directories be deleted?  There are
> many other empty directories I noticed.  I think these should be deleted
> unless there is a specific intent to put something there soon.
Not possible with CVS AFAICT. Use the -P option.

> -I'd like to add to the README file some more detail about what is in
> all the directories, to help new developers know where to start.
You are most welcome. The original is just the minimal patch
up since no one else ever made any moves to get around to
doing something about it.

> -In gnumed/html/README it says: "this is deprecated, please see...."
> This should be clarified
"the docs herein are old and their content only useful if you
want to learn more about the historic thinking behind the
gnumed architecture. the "real" docs are found in ..."

> -Why is there a drafts folder?
it contains old draft code from Horst, should be moved to
.../test-area/hherb/

> -I don't understand the meaning of gnumed/client/business  What is meant
> by business?
business logic encapsulating classes, non-UI, IOW
backend-accessing code at the business level, things like
ehr.get_vaccination() as opposed to backend.get_connection()