[Gnumed-devel] re : callback from event loop in wxPython

From: syan tan
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] re : callback from event loop in wxPython
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 12:14:54 +0800

>- if inbound data is found use gmDispatcher to emit a >signal
>  to that effect (that's empirically proven to work >by the DB  change
> listeners)

Is gmDispatcher using something like the Queue package
or just a vector or some sort weak reference collection to manage garbage
collection ( as far as I remember, the latter) ?  gmDispatcher may not be
thread safe .
Does the business objects have mutexes (thread locks) in that case ?
((presuming nothing happens to the collection holding the listeners if 2
simultaneous signals are sent by a gui and a command parser listener )
Where does the initialization of the listener thread take place ( is it sharing
the global variable space of the gnumed client) ?