Re: [Gnumed-devel] re: mapping

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] re: mapping
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 14:36:25 +0100

> If you wrote a mapping specification, may be me or some other
> developer will be able to follow whatever EMR requirements you
> and a few others seem to know implicitly. I'm a little short sighted,
Now, that may be due to the fact the we work with this stuff
daily.

> To escape lost work during client crashes, which averages 2 times per
> session,
We don't have this even on our Windows machines ?

> To be fair, non-validated free text might be a convenient
> way of recognizing one's own style of notes , many years later.
Absolutely ! That's why there's the widget "David's simple
SOAP" where people can type away merrily in whatever implicit
layout they were used to.

> Maybe choose the most essential data functions first - non-repudiation
> and authentication
> (which apparently requires a trusted-third party to validate the time ?).
We do attribution at the DB level (see clin_root_item) and
non-repudiate that via gnotary (have hashed dumps signed by it).

> What seems to be an important requirement is also the ability for the
> EMR to interface
> to messages issued by other systems such as diagnostic services, and
> electronic discharge
> summaries;
That is EXACTLY what we are working on:

- the document archive (in production)
- the lab data handling (up next)
- interfacing legacy apps online via XML-RPC (working now)