Re: [Gnumed-devel] lnk_org_address_whatever (was: install on Fedora)

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] lnk_org_address_whatever (was: install on Fedora)
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 19:44:12 -0800

On Mar 13, 2004, at 3:19 PM, Ian Haywood wrote:
What is id_occupation to do in a table *replacing*
lnk_person2address ?
Simply that, people have different occupations at different places.

On Tue, Mar 09, 2004 at 02:22:05AM -0800, Jim Busser wrote:
Where do doctors of various types have their "doctor" status (and
doctor type) defined. Presumably in the Identity table?

So will the fact that an individual is a doctor appear in id_occupation, or is there a field dedicated to doctors or, more generally, to health_care_worker_type (because in some areas doctors refer to physiotherapists, oral surgeons, psychologists which in my province all have "practitioner" numbers analogous to the doctor numbers.

Also I did wonder about "temporary" addresses as when patients have been admitted to hospital which has multiple consequences (office visits that will need to be cancelled or changed, communications that need to be rerouted etc. but where to keep the information about a patient's admitted status and the name of the hospital site. Any doctors who do out-of-hospital work may like to print a list of patients to be visited, some in their homes, some at one of sometimes multiple hospitals, so I wonder if the "hospital" might serve as a temporary address.