Re: [Gnumed-devel] forms in GnuMed

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] forms in GnuMed
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2004 02:49:12 +0200

BTW, in jest we've been thinking about a gnumed.conf.dj.

> > that we
> > should define an "absolutely positioned bounding box" for our
> > forms and place our "absolute fields" relative to that. The
> > immediate benefit is that we can easily adjust the entire form
> > to different traction mechanisms/paper templates by simply
> > moving the bounding box (a mini page ? a wordbox ?).
> Probably easiest to change the TeX margin parameters to adjust for
> the "hardware margins" imposed by various printers.
> (Yes, negative margins are allowed.)
Ah, OK. That should do. And we already support that per form
template in form_print_defs.offset_top/left ...  So we just
need to make the engines aware of that and thus redefining the
margins based on that.

Also, we need to invent a clever way of supporting TeX
"\i my_file". Why so ? In Germany many many forms adhere to
the exact layout for the patient demographics that's used on
the official forms. So, it is absolutely natural to want to say
\i Formularkopf-de.tex . One might surely do this in
Offizielles-Formular-DE.cls, too, but is that the Right Way
to do it ?