Re: [Gnumed-devel] Gnumed Value Objects dev guide, draft 1

From: Ian Haywood
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Gnumed Value Objects dev guide, draft 1
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 11:20:13 +1000

On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 22:06:29 +0200
Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden> wrote:
> > > We need
> > >     cDiagnosis
> >         ...seems to be based upon clin_diagnosis table. Would it be have
> > sense
> > a kind of view for clin_diagnosis and clin_diagnosis_extra information?
> Yes and no. We need some discussion as to exactly what
> properties we want a "diagnosis" to have. Then we'll write
Conceptually what is the difference between this and a health issue?

> > >     cDrug
> Yep, sort of. Note that we probably already have it somewhere
> in Hilmar's gmDrug* code. Perhaps just not as nicely singled
> out.
Do you mean, "a drug in the drug database", which is not a clinical VO.
AFAIK the plan is to have a separate API for this. Draft spec is in drugref CVS.
Because this API is meant to be accessible across XML-RPC, it can't look like a
VO
(which otherwise would be nice)

Having 2 clinical drug objects is overkill: can we just have currently
prescribed drugs,
and rely on the auditing mechanism to generate a list of past scripts?

Ian

PGP public key E750652E at wwwkeys.pgp.net
9BF0 67B7 F84F F7EE 0C42  C063 28FC BC52 E750 652E