[Gnumed-devel] About due/overdue vaccinations VO

From: Carlos Moro
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] About due/overdue vaccinations VO
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 09:16:48 +0200

Hi,

Some time ago we have talked about it... now allergies and vaccinated
indications are working as VOs instead of dictionary lists.

Everything goes OK until dealing with due/overdue vaccinations/boosters. They
are objects generated by Gnumed logic, 'on the fly', but they are really part
of our business objects (the are not stored in classical tables, but their
information is fetched from various tables, eg. v_pat_missing_vaccs).  It's
also a bit complicated working with vaccinations VO and change back to deal
with dictionary lists when working with due/overdue vaccinations (whose
fields are clearly  and well defined).

I'd like to propose abstract them as VOs also. In that way, the could be
fetched and dealt with in an ordinary way. Just, as they are calculated by
running login, they wouldn't have any updatable fields, nor create method...

Maybe we could have at first
        cDueVaccination
        cOverdueVaccination
        cDueBooster
...to be straightforwards compliant with current
gmClinicalRecord.get_due_vaccinations() method.

What do you think?

Best regards,
Carlos