Re: [Gnumed-devel] wxEvents question

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] wxEvents question
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 08:38:23 +0200

> I would like to extend the functionality of gmPhrasewheel in a way that when
> an item has been selected certain actions are initiated.
>
> Therefore I looked at the wx event handling and I am totally lost.
> One is supposed to define an custom event. I did this as described on this
> page:
> http://wiki.wxpython.org/index.cgi/CustomEventClasses
Nah, that's way too big a solution.

> but I am not sure where to add the code. Here is what I did.
It entirely depends on what you want to do. If you want to
update other widgets upon selection you can simply use the
addCallback() API. If, however, you want to shift focus upon
<enter> you probably need to do something else, like
processing the ENTER event directly or hooking up the
loose_focus event.