Re: [Gnumed-devel] http://gnumed.org/links/cvs.html

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] http://gnumed.org/links/cvs.html
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 03:52:05 +0200

Hallo Michael,

welcome here.

Our Debian package maintainer is off doing other things at the
moment so I guess you are better off getting the CVS version.
If you need instructions for that please ask. Else they are on
the website. Once you have the CVS tree transferred to your
machine start GnuMed with gm-from-cvs.sh and connect to one of
the public databases (hherb.com is down at the moment, so use
the one at anubis.homeunix.com).

> When I run python /opt/gnumed/gnumed/client/wxpython/python.py I get
> the following:
> Could not find platform independent libraries <prefix>
> Could not find platform dependent libraries <exec_prefix>
> Consider setting $PYTHONHOME to <prefix>[:<exec_prefix>]
This rather looks like a Python installation flaw.

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>       File "/opt/gnumed/gnumed/client/wxpython/gnumed.py", line 65,
>       in ? warnings.filterwarnings("default",
>       "Use\sPython.s\sFalse\sinstead", DeprecationWarning)
> AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'filterwarnings'
I have put a try: except: block around this piece of code.
Please try again.

> PS: I am interested in helping to get this software functional. I am a
> practicing physician wtih some programming background.
Your best bet would be to identify a single, well-described
use case in your daily practice and discuss with us how we can
make that happen. No, billing is not the best area to go
after ;-)